Squarespace Tutorial: how to DIY a press page
As your business grows, designing a new press page to show off your features (guest posts, podcast interviews, print coverage, etc) should get you jazzed, not stress you out.
Adding a page to your Squarespace site shouldn't be a pain. Below you'll find a quick instruction for how to make a simple press page using Canva & your Squarespace account.
PREP STEPS: FORMATTING IN CANVA
- save the logos of screenshots of the pages into a folder on your computer
- upload all images / logos to canva - this will help you size each so that they look consistent no matter the starting dimensions!
- choose a square, vertical or horizontal canva template based on your files ... whatever matches best
- drag each logo / image onto a new page in the template and size each so they look consistent
- download (with transparent background if you have that option)
MAKE THE PAGE: SQUARESPACE DESIGN
- create a new page and title it 'press' or 'features'
- add a title and, optionally, a subtitle to your new page
- add a grid gallery and upload your canva-formatted logos
- under the gallery block's design panel
- choose the format (square, vertical, horizontal) to match the format you created in canva.
- uncheck 'crop images'
- select 'links open in a new window'
- use the slider to determine how many logos appear per line and the spacing between logos
- for each logo, click the gear icon (appears when you hover on the logo)
- add the title of the feature or the title of the publication / site for the 'title' area
- add a link to the feature or publication's site under 'clickthrough URL'
- save the block edits
- save the page
BOOM- you've got a new press page on your site.